Building Trust in Ecosystems and Ecosystem Components
BIECO – Building Trust in Ecosystems and Ecosystem Components
The general objective of BIECO is to develop a framework that enables measurable, risk-based trust while developing, deploying and operating complex interconnected ICT systems.
We aim to achieve this by handling the reliability and trust aspects of ecosystem participants (ICT systems, ICT system components and actors) within the supply chain.
The following shows the specific SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound) objectives of the project, taking into account the challenges of this kind of complex ecosystems.
- OBJECTIVE 1: Providing a framework that allows reinforcing trust in ICT supply chains (WP2)
- OBJECTIVE 2: Performing advanced vulnerability assessment over ICT supply chains (WP3)
- OBJECTIVE 3: Achieving resilience in ecosystems formed by unreliable components (WP4)
- OBJECTIVE 4: Extending auditing process to evaluate interconnected ICT systems (WP5)
- OBJECTIVE 5: Provide advanced risk analysis and mitigation strategies that support a view of the complete ICT supply chain (WP6)
- OBJECTIVE 6: Perform evidence-based security assurance and a harmonized certification for ICT systems (WP7)
- OBJECTIVE 7: Industrial validation of BIECO’s framework within IoT ecosystems (WP8)
- Kick-Off meeting of WP4On 12th of November, we had the internal Kick-Off meeting of WP4, led by Fraunhofer IESE. Within WP4, methods and tools are developed for assuring system resilience based on runtime evaluation of (Software) component behaviours. Specifically, in a runtime simulated environment (developed within WP5), failures will be predicted and timely activation of fail-over behaviour is performed
- Bieco WP3 kickoff meetingOn 10th November 2020, we had a remote Kickoff Meeting for WP3 of the European cybersecurity project @bieco_org. We discussed about the architecture, requirements and use case definitions. Due to COVID-19 situation, the meeting was held online on Zoom platform. Participants: Lilian Adkinson (GRAD)Borja Pintos (GRAD)Eva Sotos (GRAD)Nora Martínez (GRAD)Ruth Muleiro (GRAD)Antonio Skarmeta (UMU)Sara Nieves
- Bieco WP2 kickoff meetingOn 4th November 2020, we had a remote Kickoff Meeting for WP2 of the European cybersecurity project @bieco_org. We discussed about the architecture, requirements and use case definitions. It was a great meeting with participants from Portugal, Germany, Italy, Romania, Spain, Austria and Poland. Due to COVID-19 situation, the meeting was held online on Zoom